- $9.6 million generated for Pittsburgh through City Employee Wage Tax withholdings.
- Parents, visitors, and guests at the Pitt campus contributed $151 million in visitor-related expenditures.
- More than 123,000 Pitt alumni live in Pittsburgh and surrounding counties, renting or purchasing homes, paying taxes, and contributing to the local economy; and about 183,000 alumni live in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- $10.58 million in new capital obtained by local businesses with help from Pitt’s Institute of Entrepreneurial Excellence.
- Pitt social work students provided $6 million in services to Pittsburgh-area communities.
- More than 40,000 people received.donated care from Pitt’s School of Dental Medicine in one year.
- Pitt students spent about $389 million in the region on goods, services, and rental payments.
- $62.4 billion in economic impact produced.
An Economic Engine
Donated Dental Care
More than 40,000 people received donated care from Pitt's School of Dental Medicine in one year.
Helping Local Businesses
Local businesses obtained $10.58 million in new capital with help from Pitt's Institute of Entrepreneurial Excellence.
Pitt social work students provided $6 million in services to Pittsburgh-area communities.